Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Setting Up Shop?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Silverdawn's tail flicked over the door to her new shop, curled around a feather duster as she dragged it over the door-frame. She rose her head until it touched the bottom of something hanging over the door. She felt around it carefully, making sure it was level and wasn't likely to fall over onto a customer's head.

Though she couldn't see it, she knew that the sign was maple and read in a sea-green color: "The PokéFlute Shoppe."

She hoped that it looked good, and that she would get commissions soon.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 7:27 pm

The day was still rather young as the afternoon sun was shining brightly on the town of Grassveil.
Its rays were warming the area, giving everything a peaceful calm.
The town was bustling with Pokémon visiting the various shops and stands, talking to each other or just standing around.
Over a narrow dirt road a sextet of ovoid creatures rolled, nearing one shop that seemed to have been created only recently, as it was looking rather new and not yet affected by the weather.
Also an Ekans had just placed a sign above the door and the creatures had not yet seen the shop before.
In hindsight those were much more obvious clues to the fact that this shop hadn't been around for too long yet.
Finally having reached the store one of the creatures spoke up:
"Oi, miss! Need any help over there?"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:06 pm

"Oi, miss! Need any help over there?" A voice called from below her. Silverdawn jolted in surprise, not expecting someone to call out to her. She twisted, her head curling around the signpost in an attempt to keep her balance as she turned her head towards the voice. Her red bandanna was wrapped around her head, obscuring her eyes from view.

She tasted the air warily. A strangely spicy scent mixed with a fresher, grassy scent hit her senses. A grass pokemon, probably a dual-type if the spiciness was any indication.

"I need no help," Silverdawn said, lowering herself to the ground. "Who are you, stranger? I have not smelled your scent before, nor heard your voice. State your name, species, and business!" She knew that she sounded sharp, but she did not like being unable to tell anything about a stranger. She felt vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:08 pm

The six Exeggcute chuckled to each other, the Ekans' bluntness being rather amusing to them.
After a short wait caused by them telepatically discussing whether they should reveal this information, one of them spoke up:
"My name is Viper and with me are Python, Cobra, Adder, Asp and Mamba. We are all Exeggcute and our quest is to seek the Holy Grail of Grass Pokémon, the Leaf Stone. But currenly we are just traveling through town. Now, it won't do you much good to be so blunt, my dear."
Lowering his voice to a whisper he muttered to his comrades:
"Although it wouldn't hurt her to read up on Pokémon species a bit..."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:21 am

"My name is Viper and with me are Python, Cobra, Adder, Asp and Mamba. We are all Exeggcute and our quest is to seek the Holy Grail of Grass Pokémon, the Leaf Stone. But currently we are just traveling through town. Now, it won't do you much good to be so blunt, my dear." The pokemon answered after a pause.

Silverdawn hissed suspiciously. A psychic type?! She didn't trust him as much as she could see him.

"Although it wouldn't hurt her to read up on Pokémon species a bit..." She heard the pokemon mutter softly. She bristled. How dare he?!

"Look, buddy. I can't see -I'm blind. So of course I wouldn't know what pokemon you were. As for bluntness, it is my nature to be so. Just like it must be in your nature to be an ass," she said to the pokemon, her voice sickly sweet at the last comment.

(Note: Sorry for disappearing like that... I have no acceptable explanation. x. x)
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:43 pm

The conversation with the Ekans was turning sour rather quickly.
"And how were we supposed to know that? Just because you're blind that does not mean you get any special treatment. Man up a little, lady. And just for the record - we aren't an ass - we are six."
The Poison type sure was an interesting creature - believing to deserve special treatment because she had a disability and then becoming blunt and agressive as soon as she found someone to disagree with her. How could it have been that she had not yet met someone to provide contra to her obviously idiotic opinion? Apparently it would be the Exeggcute's job to do so.

(Dont'cha worry - I've had far longer, far less excused disapparances. I don't mind. ^^)
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:27 am

"And how were we supposed to know that? Just because you're blind that does not mean you get any special treatment. Man up a little, lady. And just for the record - we aren't an ass - we are six." the pokemon replied.

Silverdawn sneered. "I don't ask for special treatment because I am blind. How was I supposed to know who you were when I haven't met an Exeggcute before? In my experience, no one just wanders up to another pokemon and offers help with no expectation of something in return. How should I know if you meant to rob me in the guise of being my 'helper'?" Silverdawn asked rhetorically. "Also, it would be rather hard for me to 'man up,' because, as you have already pointed out, I am female," she smirked. Let the asses-six top THAT! She thought arrogantly, sure of her superiority.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:55 am

If there had been any way for them to do so, the Exeggcute would have facepalmed right now.
"Lady, you can't really be that dense, can you? That was a figure of speech. A simple phrase designed to communicate a more abstract idea or concept. Are you really so litteral-minded, that you can't even get that? And if you try to accuse us of hypocrisy - we were joking, creating witty wordplay on the basis of the term you used."
This Pokémon eluded the collective grasp of the Grass types' minds.
Did she really not get what they were talking about?
Was she just pretending not to and if so, then why?
"As for robbing you - we are in the middle of town. It would be next to impossible to steal anything without anyone noticing. Furthermore there isn't even anything one could steal around here. You and your experience seem to need a bit of fixing. There's this thing called "politeness". "Cooperativeness" as well. So stop whining and get over it."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 am

"Lady, you can't really be that dense, can you? That was a figure of speech. A simple phrase designed to communicate a more abstract idea or concept. Are you really so literal-minded, that you can't even get that? And if you try to accuse us of hypocrisy - we were joking, creating witty wordplay on the basis of the term you used." Silverdawn bristled at the pokemon's words towards her. She opened her mouth to retort, but the pokemon was still talking.

"As for robbing you - we are in the middle of town. It would be next to impossible to steal anything without anyone noticing. Furthermore there isn't even anything one could steal around here. You and your experience seem to need a bit of fixing. There's this thing called "politeness". "Cooperativeness" as well. So stop whining and get over it."

Silverdawn's temper cracked. "Listen, you assholes, I couldn't care less what you thought of me, but you'd better get out of my face before I make you leave; permanently." she growled dangerously, her fangs dropping down from their concealed pouches in her mouth, and her tail whipped to her side and poised toward the sound of the Exeggcute's voice, ready to send a poison stinger at it.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:33 am

"Urgh...", the group sighed in collective annoyance.
"You can't be serious, can you? As stated before - we are in the middle of town. If you try anything, you'll be in serious trouble. In fact we could go pay the police a visit right now. Threatening the innocent is not very nice after all. On top of that all of us hold a type advantage over you and you are vastly outnumbered."
The bright afternoon sun was shining onto the Exeggcutes, who, energized by it, were more than ready for a confrontation should things escalate. What was this girl thinking? There they were - just tryiong to help and then that snake suddenly started getting aggressive.
The nerve of some Pokémon was astounding. What had happened to turn her this bitter?
And would they even want to know that?
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:52 am

Silverdawn growled once more before letting out a frustrated sigh at the pokemon's logic.

"Fine. Whatever. Just... leave me alone, will you? No one asked for your opinion in the first place." she replied, and turned back to her shop and slid through the door.

She began to straighten things on the shelves of the shop, letting her tail skim lightly over everything to identify and analyze her space. Though her shop was mainly the glass-blown flutes, she also had a few books and trinkets she had picked up on her travels on display. As she worked, her thoughts kept going back to the Exeggcute. Though she hated to admit it, she had been rather harsh and cruel to the pokemon, who had really only been being nice to offer help. Instead she had thrown his offer into his face and then proceeded to insult him several times.

Silverdawn knew that she was a bitter pokemon, but she couldn't believe how cruel she had been. She had acted like... she froze. She had acted just like her parents used to! Silverdawn shuddered, a violent tremble running through her entire body. How could she act like her parents?!?! After everything they had done to her, she had always sworn that she would never become like them.

Then she shook herself. No, she wasn't acting like her parents at all! Her parents acted without thought for others, they didn't need a reason to be cruel. Silverdawn was cruel in response to others' cruelness. It didn't matter what that psychic pokemon had said, he could have done any number of cruel things to her once they were alone! No, she had been right to push him away.... hadn't she?
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:17 am

If the Pokémon would have been capable of shrugging, they would have done so.
"If you say so. Just don't come slithering back once you decide you do need help."
This lady sure was confusing. A few seconds ago she had been threatening to attack them in the middle of town and all of a sudden she was back to neutral with disdainful undertones?
Either the Grass type had spent too long in the jungle or this Poison type wasn't exactly right in the head. But whatever it was, it wouldn't be worth the time to talk about.
Trying to make sense of what happened just now the Psychic types rolled further along their way.
And this was not the last strange thing they would be encountering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Setting Up Shop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Up Shop?   Setting Up Shop? Empty

Back to top Go down

Setting Up Shop?
Page 1 of 1