Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Finally Decided!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Finally Decided!   Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was a comparatively cold, wet afternoon in the Cattail Marsh. Through the dense, heavy fog the pale sun created a milky light on the muddy ground, giving the entire place an almost surreal feeling to it.
Many Pokémon would not like being here, soaked through to the bone while a slight breeze covered one's entire body in a chilling sensation.
One of these Pokémon was Ned, the Nincada. There were quite a few places he would rather have been than these marshes, but after his recent encounter with his old clan in the Shadowhue Forest he deemed it unwise to return there for the moment being.
He would just have to bide his time, hoping to finally break free of the shackles of this weak, pathetic form of his.
When would he finally shed his burden, flying free as a Ninjask and a Shedinja?
Not now, that was for sure. Now he had to endure the harsh climate, hoping not to encounter any other Pokémon. If that were to happen, then he would surely be done for.
All those other Pokémon were lucky. They were all so powerful, even in their first forms.
But not Ned. He was a weak, pathetic bug.

And there was nothing he could do about it.

AuthorMessage
ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Fri May 09, 2014 8:26 pm

He would shrug his shoulders, allowing his elbows to bend upwards as he elevated his hands palm-side up so that they might be level with his clavicles. His eyes would slide shut momentarily, and it was evident that this shrugging motion was meant to be used to excuse himself; it was maintained for a good while as he spoke, "It's all the same to me. Like I said, I don't come from a land known for its Bug-types. My hearing's pretty average; I'm a vision-based creature, after all." Maybe one day his senses would even out, but such was to be expected from a reptile. His shoulders would relax, and his eyes would once more open as he took in the scenery before him.

"All uncivilized Pokemon these days attack without hesitation when they see someone that isn't them," he would comment, "you are correct upon how strange it all is."
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Sun May 11, 2014 4:12 pm

"Interesting. Maybe the shared Bug type caused the Surskit not to attack me. But I'd rather not try to test that hypothesis. So, is there a reason you are following me around for? I can promise, that I am not voluntairly going to do anything of interest in the next hour."
Was the Charmander trying to kill Ned after all?
Was it so fixated on defedning its position?
Was it just bored?
There had to be a reason for all this. No normal Pokémon would follow a random bug through a swamp full of Pokémon with a type advantage over their own species after all.
Hopefully it wasn't something too bad.
Ned had had enough bad stuff happen to him already.

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Mon May 12, 2014 2:02 pm

It was certainly a valid hypothesis, and Ares was more than willing to support it when it wasn't Ned throwing around accusations like confetti. Then came the question about why he was so adamant about pursuing this other civilized beast through a less than civilized realm. This was another valid inquiry, and would make him curious as to whether or not this Nincada was beginning to reason and use logic better; he would happily encourage such changes with the truth should he continue on such a progression. Of course, there came the question as to whether or not he should reveal his true intentions at this present time. After all, he did not want to seem particularly pugnacious in his desires of potentially fighting a Shedinja and was not at all keen at being torn out about it.

He judged his options, weighing each individually with meticulous analysis, prior to saying, "I simply believe that it is better to travel in a pair here, and I couldn't be happy with myself if I let someone who's got a target on his back wander through this murky swamp without some sort of protection - no matter how futile and fruitless it may be."

The Charmander would shrug once again, as if dismissing the notion as merely a casual inkling rather than a well-thought out explanation, "I figure that even if I follow you against your wishes, I'll at least be able to make sure you get where you need to go alright."
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Mon May 12, 2014 5:50 pm

"Sorry to say that, but there are several flaws in your argument. Point one is, that I do not need to go anywhere, I am just wandering around aimlessly. The second problem lies in our different skills. While I would be of little to no use in combat and usually resort to hiding, you would easily give me away. Your tail is on fire after all."
A flawed argument that might put both of them in serious danger if followed through with.
This day was just getting better and better.
Just why did other Pokémon have to drag the Nincada into situations like these?
Couldn't he wait until he evolved? Peacefully and without any dangerous interruptions?
No, obviously he could not. Because fate hated him.

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 13, 2014 9:24 pm

"It's not an argument," came the lizard, shaking his head as he spoke, "it's my reason as to why I'm so adamant about following you through this place: there's safety in numbers. I'm not sure how you thought that this was an argument or debate from what I just said." His head would settle and come to stop as soon as he completed his first sentence, and he would be left with nothing but curiosity as to what this critter's deal was. Sure, it was right to be skeptical of strangers - he, himself, was prone to being rash and violent in his reasoning when approached in an unfavorable circumstance - but such suspicious attitudes could only go so far until one's bravery and rational could be doubted.

He would address one of his points, however, with a coy smile, "You didn't seem to be able to see my flame earlier - in fact, I had to mention that I had a flame before you even knew. I don't think my tail's fire can be reasonably considered a valuable reason to turn down my offer. Besides, even if enemies were to be attracted to a light that couldn't even penetrate this fog, they would go for me and not you."
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Wed May 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Was this creature really this dense?
Could he not get this one, simple idea into his violence-filled head?
"Well, we do seem to be debating whether or not you should accompany me. So I do believe it is an argument we are having. Now, concerning the points you made, I have already established, how we would have negative impacts on each others' survival techniques. As for your flame-"
The Bug type involuntarily shuddered at the mention of the elemental force of fire again.
"-I believed you would have noticed already. Nincada spend almost all their life underground. Thus I am nearly completely blind. We navigate using our senses of smell. And I for one have not yet been able to smell fire. However, were another Pokémon to see this flame of yours - which burns quite brightly I assume - it would be in rather close proximity to me after having tracked down you. This would render my ability to hide in the fog void and I am rather sure, that an attacker would go after the weakest creature it can find - in this case me."

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   

Back to top Go down

Finally Decided!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4