Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Finally Decided!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Finally Decided!   Fri May 02, 2014 6:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was a comparatively cold, wet afternoon in the Cattail Marsh. Through the dense, heavy fog the pale sun created a milky light on the muddy ground, giving the entire place an almost surreal feeling to it.
Many Pokémon would not like being here, soaked through to the bone while a slight breeze covered one's entire body in a chilling sensation.
One of these Pokémon was Ned, the Nincada. There were quite a few places he would rather have been than these marshes, but after his recent encounter with his old clan in the Shadowhue Forest he deemed it unwise to return there for the moment being.
He would just have to bide his time, hoping to finally break free of the shackles of this weak, pathetic form of his.
When would he finally shed his burden, flying free as a Ninjask and a Shedinja?
Not now, that was for sure. Now he had to endure the harsh climate, hoping not to encounter any other Pokémon. If that were to happen, then he would surely be done for.
All those other Pokémon were lucky. They were all so powerful, even in their first forms.
But not Ned. He was a weak, pathetic bug.

And there was nothing he could do about it.

AuthorMessage
ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Mon May 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Ares would shrug towards the abyss, gazing towards the nothingness that the voice projected from. It was an irate voice - quite strident and flippant at certain points of the debate - that seemed to fluctuate and twist about a point that had never quite existed in the first place. Environment or not, the Charmander had found his way out of stickier situations, and the fog that populated this area was not quite unlike the place he had met Cyrus. If the threat of being devoured by and lost to the wilderness and the creatures that lurked in the shadows and filth had been his main point, then he was sadly disappointed, for wouldn't his shoot-first demeanor serve him quite nicely in such a situation? Trust was not a commodity to be thrown about so quickly, and, considering that the drake trusted nothing but his own battle prowess, everything he saw move or stir was a potential target for obliteration. This male had thus created a loophole in his own argument. What was this guy's deal?

He would once more project his voice back to the other's, his tone maintaining the same aura as that it had prior. It was not biting, but more matter-of-fact; he was not entirely inclined to read to the other the problem with his argument. "Such warnings aside," the Charmander would proclaim, "I'm merely implying I've been through a lot of appealing and unappealing things - probably just like yourself. You've got your own 'little ghost stories', I've got mine." His involved defeat, victory, and loss. What did this kid have on that? He had no clue.
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Mon May 05, 2014 10:06 pm

"It is not about which stories you have to tell.", the voice responded from the mists.
"It is about what you learn from the hardships you have faced. And I do not think, that any hardship would "entitle" you to hurt innocent beings this carelessly."
Even though he tried to suppress it, the contempt in the Nincada's voice was clearly noticeable.
But some day he would indirectly get his revenge.
As he had already warned the attacker, some day his "Shoot-then-ask"-attidude would lead to him angering the wrong Pokémon. And then hopefully the brute would understand.
If only Ned had evolved already. As a Shedinja, those Dragon-typed attacks would have had no chance to harm him at all. Oh, how much would he have given to see his attacker's face in such a situation.
Certainly it would have been hillarious.

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Ares attempted to reason with this logic now. Was war not a "hardship" deemed appropriate for some fashion of understanding and "entitlement", or did such a definition not exist in this land? War was the thing that had steered him towards this path, and made him doubt the identity of shadow. The constant strife that tore through his homeland had left children parentless, mothers childless, and had obliterated entire generations should they have raged on for so long. It had been his decision to elevate himself from such primordial slums of tyranny and bloodshed so that he might return to champion a new era. That had been his ambition: efface the wars that had claimed the lives of so many. He had experienced the stench of death, the splatters of blood, the pests of pestilence: hardship was considered a long favored companion to him at this point.

His feet had long since become acquainted with the marsh by the time he had wiggled his toes. It was impressive how murky and dank this situation was, and how such an interaction had seemingly been tarnished by a simple mistake. His culture would have applauded him, would have respected him for fearing the things that scuttled about in the Unknown; yet, such a cultural shift that occurred in this nation was shocking, to say the least. Values and morales that he had once respected were frowned upon, and such a tactic of jumping at shadows was not encouraged. In fact, missing his shot might have made him the laughing stock of the entire brigade. Oh, how he longed for the logic and structure of his homeland now!

Contempt laced the other's tone as he spoke about entitlement and rights, and perhaps it was well deserved - in the stranger's opinion. Ares cared little for the malice that attempted to malign his mistake, and thus he would simply shrug and proceed with his matter-of-fact tone, "Yeah, you're probably right about that. Mistakes happen, and sometimes you fire at your own squad - you've got to accept the consequences for that; but I've learned from my hardships that the shadows often attempt to conceal the deadliest of foes. The question is, however, what hardships have you experienced that entitle you to scold me?"

Last edited by ares on Mon May 05, 2014 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had several run on sentences. Sorry~)
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 3:37 pm

"While I do not believe, that any hardships entitle one to do anything, you seem to be adamant about this. Very well, I shall tell you my story."
While it still did not seem to be realizing its mistake, possibly due to some cultural reasons, poisonous ideologies of a place the Nincada would rather not visit, the Pokémon seemed to have become slightly less aggressive.
"I was born far, far away from here, in a jungle you probably have never seen. There I was raised by the clan. A band of mercenaries of the lowest kind. As long as someone pays, they steal, they hurt, they torment and kill. And if it would be more profitable...well, it hasn't been too rare for them to kidnap the client instead. And they are good at what they do. Some of them fly faster than any other Pokémon could ever fly. Others are completely immune to most attacks. And I was supposed to become one of them. As soon as I found out, I ran away. Without any supplies over mountains, through deserts and all kinds of horrible places with nowhere to hide. And they are after me still. Only a few days ago I saw one of them in Shadowhue Forest. So I am doing, what I do best. Hiding and surviving."

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Hiding: Ares had never quite come to like the word. His people had regarded its connotation commonly with ambush and cowardly tactics, but, as time progressed, he came to respect what concealing one's self could do for an individual. Perhaps such a sentiment had arisen from the time that his SmokeScreen move had first presented itself to him, and he had been forced to adopt the tactic of strategically fleeing. There had been numerous times that it had successfully delivered him from harm, simply because he had convinced his body to learn the ways of force ambush.

SmokeScreen, wait, ???, Profit.

There were some similarities between them, however, and such a coincidence could not be ignored. Though Ares was not entirely inclined to begin writing his autobiography right then and there, he would gladly acknowledge how uncannily alike some aspects and themes were of their pasts. As the bog allowed its putrid scent and foul fog to continue its separation of the two, the Charmander would reply, "Mercenaries and soldiers are my people, legions and armies were my government, and warfare and casualties my currency. My homeland was not fertile as your jungle, but barren, dry, and infertile after centuries of conflict. Since birth, we are rocked to sleep by stories that say that violence and pre-emptive strikes are the only method of survival. I awoke from the sleep that my brethren are still nestled in, and left." He would return again to unite his nation under one banner and to bring logic and reason to his people's militaristic disposition.

"I traveled, just as you have," he would add, "but have not been pursued. Why do you hide when confrontation is often the best method? Surely such an elite force would have sent just a single drone after you if they were as skilled and talented as you proclaim them to be."
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 5:27 pm

"And if you would be Arceus himself, noone, and by that I mean absolutely noone should have the right to attack anyone else."
While impressive, the attacker's background still did not justify blindly attacking him.
"And in regards to the question about me hiding: Yes, they are exactly as skilled and talented as I say. I am not. I am just a pathetic Nincada, never finishing the training they tried to force me into. I am too weak to overcome even the smallest foe on my own. That is, why I am hiding. I hide and wait, some day finally evolving. Then maybe I could have a chance fighting. But even then, it is simple math. By hiding, you survive. In combat, you have approximately a 50% chance of survival, maybe more, maybe less, depending on the encounter. And I am not willing to risk my life for something I see no profit, no reason and no legitimation in."
Why did so many Pokémon have to see violence as the only possible solution?
If only more Pokémon would believe in bringing about a more peaceful world.
Violence would not save anyone. But why couldn't they see it?

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 6:28 pm

It then made total sense to the Charmander as to why this creature - now revealed to be a Nincada - had so passionately scolded him when he had fired upon him. Perhaps, at the end of the day, the only way this Bug-type knew how to fight was to use his words instead of his body; maybe he even considered that his mouth was his only viable and most powerful weapon. If Ares had been in his carapace and he was as weak and fragile as this insect portrayed himself, he'd act just as rabidly. Though his logic in some parts of his previously argued points still had flaws, such a mind (if honed and trained) could prove more valuable than claws any day.

"Evolution," he would muse, his eyes glazing over as he daydreamed of finally being capable of flight, "I never a more fickle, slippery beast than that; it is like an army you can never properly conquer. They say that the only way to truly master it is to battle."
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Little by little the unknown attacker seemed to resort to a more peaceful stance.
Hopefully he would now think twice before randomly attacking other Pokémon.
That was probably not going to happen, but one could still hope.
"We Nincada are known to spend up to 17 years underground, just waiting for our evolution. I have found it to be a rather reliable and safe technique thus far."
The Nincada let out a sigh.
"To be honest, I envy you. Not just you, pretty much everyone. You can wander around without a care in the world. Meanwhile I have to hide from birds and other dangers. That still doesn't mean, that violence would be a solution to anything, but you all definitely are lucky."

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 7:32 pm

Seventeen years? No wonder why this guy was more inclined to patience, hiding, and peaceful methods! He could hardly comprehend that amount of time spent doing nothing but scurrying around in darkness. His imagination ran rampant with the idea of being trapped in a steel-tight carapace, yards deep beneath the shifting soil; his little legs carried him, but the tunnels he created simply collapsed behind him as he went. Such an idea wigged him out, and he could not imagine a day without reclining beneath the sun's gallant, glorious rays. It's warmth was something that seeped into his soul and brought him pleasure, and it was always pleasant to imagine where the great sphere went when it finally ducked away into its cradle in the Far West.

Ares would shift his weight and move his legs about in the bog water so that he might be able to reawaken them from their slumber. He had been standing still for so long that he had forgotten they had been there - silly drake. He would respond, however, "N'ah. You get chased around plenty by birds no matter what you are. You just have to learn to always be on guard."
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 7:40 pm

"Oh, believe me, that I have to have learned. Otherwise I would not be here right now."
Vivid images of the Nincada's travels through the Blackmist Mountain Range emerged from the sea of the Bug type's mind. A long, long path over black, barren rock, his white body easily visible from above and nowhere to hide. Luckily that nightmare had ended. But undoubtably there would be more hardships to be faced.
"Also I fail to believe, that there would be any birds dumb enough to chase after Steelix or other Pokémon of the sort. Some species are just lucky."
It was at this point in time, that the Nincada began to wonder about the identity of his conversational partner. What kind of Pokémon was it? A Salamence, a Gyarados maybe?
But as he didn't deem the question as important enough, Ned decided against asking.

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 7:48 pm

"There's always that one individual that will," he would counter, quickly applying his comment so that his jest might not go unnoticed, "and they're usually just smears against a cliff wall by the time they realize their mistake." It was the simple process of natural selection; however, this time it was applied to intelligence and the ability to recover or not make mistakes. Specimens that proved themselves folly were often eradicated without hesitation, but that begged the question: where did the dumb ones come from, then?

Ares remained blissfully ignorant to the fact that this previously verbally aggressive combatant had no inkling as to his species. Maybe it was better that way, for he was certain to draw attention thanks to the flame that burned brightly upon his tail, but there was something that perplexed him. He would inquire quickly in fear that he might lose his quarry's good spirits, and thus was prompt to ask, "Where were you headed prior? Any particular direction?"
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 pm

"Nope. In fact I wasn't headed anywhere at all. At the moment I am just hiding. You remember that encounter in Shadowhue I told you about? That was a Shedinja. I have no means at all to even damage them. I still don't know, how I managed to do it, but somehow I escaped. And now I am here, hiding. Wish there weren't so many Water types around, but it is better than the clan."
While the Nincada's horrible eyesight would prevent him from spotting the Charmander's flame, it still was a good thing, that the attacker had not revealed his species. Would it have been revealed, that this entire discussion had taken place with a Fire type, then the Bug type would most certainly have panicked.
But why was the Pokémon just nonchalantly doing smalltalk right now when it had tried to kill him mere minutes ago?

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Ah yes, Shedinja: he was all too aware of the problems that they posed for someone who could not touch them from the stories his legion's elders would tell him. Their attacks, they had mentioned, might fly through their soulless bodies as if they had hit thin air, or had it been that it would glance off their empty carapace as if someone had simply tapped them? Either way, he was quite educated in the problem they might pose to a creature that desired to hide and flee. Though obviously he was quite set on violence in most circumstances, he was not necessarily heartless; quite the contrary, he had long been taught the values and importance of protecting one's fellow soldiers. It was more or less pity that stirred him now to this rebel's cause and at least act as a guardian for but a little while. If it was true that a dangerous mercenary was set upon effacing this Nincada, then it would mean that a battle was on its way with a particularly dangerous foe.

Excellent, this would work so nicely in his favor.

"So," he would inquire, a single claw moving towards his chin as he assessed the situation like a dragon would investigate treasure or a tricky burglar, "would you assume this assassin is still tracking you, even now?"
Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Tue May 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Now this was unexpected. Was the creature suddenly afraid of the clan coming to get him?
"I have no clue. My hope is that the Shedinja returned claiming to have killed me. But should they notice, that I am still alive, they will certainly return. That is one of the reasons I am hiding here. The other would be remaining search parties in the Shadowhue forest and other areas. It is highly unlikely that reinforcements have arrived already though. Even though they have some of the fastest fliers in existence, the distance between here and the place I once called home is quite large."
Ned began to shiver. The place was cold and damp and the Ground type hadn't really moved much in quite a while now. Why was he even talking to the guy anyway? He could just flee now, probably never having to deal with him again. And it didn't seem as if he had seen Ned, so he would probably not recognize him either.

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   Wed May 07, 2014 4:22 pm

Even if the possibility were quite slim, Ares was willing to suck up his pride and arrogance for just awhile in order to fight a worthy opponent. He was not a 'mon to look at low possibilities and stubbornly swear that they will never happen - quite the contrary! If such an attitude were to exist in him, he most certainly would never be able to craft anything that posed as an ornery, rebellious construct. Humility was often required in order to temper with materials. The Charmander would consider this Nincada a material that he would use and work with in order to get his chance at fighting a strong foe. Though the chance existed that such an event may never come to fruition, he would adamantly pursue it.

He was sly, cunning, and barbaric: a lethal cocktail of attributes to be posed by someone such as himself. His voice was even and level, but his insides were bouncing about with giddy excitement, "It seems like it might be wise for me to tag along with you until we get deeper into the swamp - I won't even charge you anything. If anything pops up, I'll guard you." The only cost was the chance at fighting an actual Shedinja. Nothing was quite as valuable as that to him at this present time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally Decided!   

Back to top Go down

Finally Decided!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next