Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

...and another journey begins.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aMEWzing

Poké : 2445

...and another journey begins. Empty
PostSubject: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Sosio the Fletchling flew in, approaching the lake glistening in the dawn, morning dew dotting the grass and reflecting the sunlight. She landed on a nearby tree, fluffing her feathers warmly and watching the lake ripple from the gentle breeze. Pokemon were splashing in the silky and soft lake, only disturbing the sunlit surface. Some pokemon were playing along the shore, dancing about. Sosio stayed in her tree, watching the pokemon below while planning what she would do.
I should head off a bit later... into Pecha forest. There should be a town just past it. That can be another stop before the harder part of the journey begins...
Her friends had told her of Alieron Village, which had a nearby guild she wanted to join. She couldn't wait to get there, and she was far too ecstatic about the idea. She originally wanted to make a team at this guild with somebody, but her plan had failed. Hopefully she would have better luck in the town only Flying-types can get to. She also had a dream to make a shop. It would be a Delivery System, where you could deliver an item and message to friends in dungeons if you couldn't go there yourself. She also wanted to offer a transportation system within it, so then she could bring friends along with her to Aieron Village. She watched and rested, watching all the pokemon play with longing to join them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 3:51 am

Iji sliced smoothly through the still waters of the pond, her yellow eyes peering above the surface. The soft wind was fresh and sweet, pokemon splashed around in the water, and spring was beginning to wake in the newly-vibrant grass.

Arceus above, she thought, this is so boring.
This is probably not a good place to find recruits. I should probably go.

As she slid out of the water, she noticed a spot of bright orange in one of the trees, which on closer inspection turned out to be a timid-looking Fletchling.

She raised her voice slightly to carry up to the shy onlooker. "Whatever you're waiting for, it's probably not happening here," she said. The beautiful day and suffocating stillness conflicted with each other in her mind, bringing her to a sort of irritable cheerfulness.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 4:13 am

Sosio cocked her head, alert to a rather raspy voice. She noticed a pokemon swim, up, and the Fletchling pounced with excitement. She swooped down and landed on the pokemon's large jaws, poking her head upside down before the Totodile's eyes.
"Hey there! Were you talking to me?"
Sosio was not at all timid or shy, but actually the opposite. She was friendly, outgoing, and definitely brave. Brave enough to travel into whipping ice and snow alone, and to land upon the heads of the unknown and dangerous. Her battle plots stood out, being daring and crazy, yet have yet to fail. She wasn't always this brave, though. Before now, she was timid and shy, and lived in the jungle after she lost her family. When she began to travel to Grassveil, she had encountered a band of bullies. Something about their cruelty and threats changed that Fletchling, and now she was a whole other self apart from who she used to be.
She dared to land on a strange pokemon's head.
Friends were most important to her, indeed. She was absolutely friendly in every possible way, meeting pokemon of all sorts. This bird is determined to allow the winds of fate to blow her in the right direction to land.
But where would she land?
Certainly not a figurative head. Hopefully a mellow town for Flying-types like herself.
Her journey would begin here. The small part, of course, in order to prepare. She has a lot ahead of her, with the floating islands her destination. The sky's the limit, after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 4:23 am

Iji blinked, going a little cross-eyed. Definitely not shy, then, just watching. "I, uh, yeah," she said awkwardly, peering at the chipper little face a couple inches from her own. "Waiting for something?" she asked. She looked around. "Or someone?"
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 4:34 am

"Not at all. No one. Nothing, whatsoever."
She chirped, unaware that her approach came as a surprise to the pokemon.
"I don't know many, but I definitely haven't seen you around. The name's Sosio. All I'm doing here is getting ready to start a huge journey."
She chirped and hopped onto the ground to stretch her legs and rub her feathers.
"Whatever could you be doing at such an early hour?"
Sosio often acted a little different when she's tired. She was lucky her other half didn't break loose on this pokemon. The slightest thing could set her off. Some call it insanity, but her adopted family just said she was "special." That helps a lot. Her bipolar switch happens without her aware, and she doesn't even know it happens. Just another crazy pokemon in the world of many.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 4:57 am

"Hm. I don't really know myself, to be honest," Iji replied, settling back on her haunches. Her tailtip twitched, tapping at a stray leaf. "I was looking for recruits, I think, but I don't think anyone's here to be recruited."

There was something keen and a little worrisome in the Fletchling's gaze, but Iji paid it no mind. The drowsy air was getting to her, and she fought it as best she could. "I just don't understand why pokemon like this place so much," she said. "It's too still."

She glanced sideways at the Fletchling. "So where is it you're going?"
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Sosio listened to the pokemon's response, slowly saddening.
If only I met this pokemon before I had my mind set on traveling... This pokemon is probably looking for water-types, anyway.
Most teams were type-exclusive. Sosio could understand because she personally preferred flying-types. This place was quite dull, but it was relaxing and calm. It was a good place to stay and meet friends, but that was one of the Fletchling's lesser concerns. She snapped out of her thoughts when the pokemon reminded her why she was here.
"Ever hear of the floating islands?" She asked with wonder. "From what I've heard, there's a town up there. A guild, too. If I ever want to fit in or find a team, I'm going up there. The journey would provide me plenty of experience, so I think it would be quite rewarding."
She knew the journey would actually be very tough, but she would find her way through. At least she wouldn't have to travel through the ocean. There were certainly plenty of shortcuts she could take. She didn't need anybody to come, but that would be fun...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Iji made a "hmm!" of approval. "I've heard of that place! Sounds gorgeous, if maybe a bit dangerous. I mean, granted, you could probably find work here easily. I bet most teams would kill for a flying-type. I would, anyway."

She shrugged. "But you seem to have made up your mind. I don't blame you, I'd love to take a walkaround of the floating islands someday." Her amber eyes blinked, and she tilted her head. "So are you flying the whole way there?"
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Sosio listened to her go on about flying types. The fact that she brought up wanting to go reminded Sosio of her idea for a shop. She wanted to deliver items with messages to pokemon in dungeons of whatever her customer wanted. It would also supply transportation to the floating islands, but she would need to both evolve first, and make it to the islands. She would set up her shop in Grassveil, after a while of living like a guild student. She answered the water-type's question.
"The whole way there with no stops? Goodness, no. I'd have to fly through many dungeons to get there. My next stop after I make it through the woods and the deep forest is Rainfront. I won't be staying there long, either, but it's all just part of the journey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 12:27 am

Iji nodded. "Ah, I see. I'm headed for Grassveil to start a team, myself. Recruits aren't as thick on the ground as I thought they'd be, but I'm sure they'll just be drawn like Combees to my stunning personality." She chuckled, her smile exposing her sharp teeth.

The day's soft warmth seeped through her bones, and she fought the urge to yawn and stretch out on the loamy earth. "I hope it goes well," she admitted. "I've been traveling for a while now, and my goal's always been to reach Grassveil, start a team, get famous, all that." She stared at her claws, digging them into the dirt. "I'm not sure what I'll do if it falls through, to be honest."

She looked up at her new acquaintance. "What about you? Got an ending to your journey in mind, or is that a bridge you'll cross when you come to it?"
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 1:17 am

Sosio liked this pokemon already. She heard what the Totodile had to say, realizing the pokemon didn't even tell Sosio her name.
"Right..."

She watched the pokemon set down on the ground, so Sosio kind of sat with her, too. The blue pokemon continued to talk, and the Fletchling listened politely.

She was then asked a question, which she answered without a doubt.
"After I make it to the floating islands, I want to open up a shop."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 2:40 am

"Interesting!" said Iji, tilting her head. "We only really had one shop where I grew up; this old Slakoth called Barnum sold supplies and stuff to other pokemon in the valley. Mainly just odds and ends for the residents, but he'd keep a special stock for explorer types, too." She smiled, remembering. "Kind of crusty, but a nice guy, really. Gave me some free items when I left home."

Her gaze went distant for a moment, and she gave her head a quick shake. "But yeah, that's definitely a worthy goal. Shopkeepers are more important than I think some wanderers realize; sure, you can rely on luck for a while, but one day it'll run out and you'll be lost in the woods without any berries or escape ropes, and then you're up Muk creek without a paddle." She shrugged and held up her paws to illustrate her point.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 pm

She listened to the pokemon's memories, and came to like this friendly Slakoth of her stories.
"My shop isn't quite like that, you see." She remembered how the pokemon said anyone would kill for a flying-type on their team. "I'm a flying type, and there are a lot of pokemon who aren't. I decided I wanted to help those pokemon by making a shop that combines my two favorite things: traveling and helping. I will deliver items to my customer's friends in a dungeon with a message if the pokemon was too busy and couldn't go into the dungeon themselves. It will also be a transportation system, where I can bring pokemon up to the floating islands... Of course i would have to evolve first...

Evolution was everything to every pokemon that could. She had viewed the amazing process with her own eyes in a dungeon before. It seemed so mystical and awesome. She wondered if this pokemon desired to evolve, too.
Well, of course he does... Unless he's one of those pokemon who never want to change...
Sosio once met an Eevee like that. Evolution meant power, strength... If a Magikarp stayed a Magikarp forever, it would never become a Gyrados. That pokemon is feared, and can learn amazing moves, as well as gaining another type. Pokemon evolution was most peculiar, and now there is MEGA evolution, too. Sosio wondered if she or this pokemon had a Mega Evolution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Iji perked up. "Really? That's a great idea! I bet it'll catch on like wildfire. It might make it easier to get help if someone's lost or fainted, too." She grinned toothily. "I might have to look you up once you get off the ground, no pun intended. Of course, I might be a big unwieldy Croconaw by then, so who knows." She snorted, but a moment later her expression turned thoughtful. "I wonder what it'll be like, evolving. It'll be strange getting used to a new body, that's for sure."

Something clicked in her head. "I'm so sorry, I've been talking your ear off and I don't even know your name! I'm Iji," she added, extending a paw to shake.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Sosio listened to the water-type compliment her ideas and bring up evolution. Evolution was quite interesting. Then the pokemon finally introduced herself.
"Oh, it's quite fine. I enjoy listening to what you have to say. In case I haven't already introduced myself, I'm Sosio."
She lifted her leg, the peculiar thing bends backward, and outstretches her claw in a form of a handshake.
"Evolution is very interesting... I wonder what it feels like. How are you supposed to know when, and can you control it?"
She desired evolution very much, obviously. She was a long way away from it, though, and the more time she spent here, it wasn't going to help very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...and another journey begins.   ...and another journey begins. Empty

Back to top Go down

...and another journey begins.
Page 1 of 1