Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Weekly Anime Review!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

Poké : 1760

Weekly Anime Review! Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Hello there. This first post is actually an explanation of how the Weekly Anime Reviews work and is not a review itself. If you wish to read reviews, please go to the second post.

First off, why am I suddenly doing this review?
There are two reasons. The first is that at my old high school, we would have an anime review as part of the school's newspaper. It was a very enjoyable part of being President of Anime Club, as the reviews were written by me and helped a lot of people watch anime other than just Pokemon, Naruto, or Bleach.
The second reason is that after watching the anime which is the subject of the first review, I had a lot of stuff to talk about, but did not want to accidentally spoil the plot to others who were watching it.

How does the review work?
Firstly, I must find an Anime to review. There are several factors that goes into what anime I choose for the weeks review. Secondly, I'll watch the entire anime, including special episodes and OVA episodes. When those two steps are done I'll begin the review. The review will actually be different from anime to anime. Sadly with how diverse anime can be (Just try to compare (I My Me Strawberry Eggs to Bleach), it's impossible to make one review fit all. However! My reviews will at least include the following:
1.) The Main Plot - No not spoilers. Just simply what a character's problem is and how they plan on solving it.
2.) The Protagonist and main antagonist - For anime where revealing the main antagonist would be a major spoiler alert or where this is no actual main antagonist, only the Protagonist will be talked about.
3.) Rating - My reviews will have a 0.5 - 10 rating based on several factors from fan service to explosions to more fan service.
4.) Gogoanime Link - Each anime I review I will have probably watched on GoGoAnime. So if you think an anime looks like something you want to watch, there'll be a link to it!

This does not include Manga continuations.
This is an ANIME review, not MANGA. If the manga the anime was based off of continues past the point the anime is at, you'll have to figure out yourself and read ahead. Also, do not compare anything I say to the manga. If something happened differently between the two, there's no need to point it out. Let the people who read my review decide. Most likely if they like the anime, they'll like the manga.

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment. Anything else that needs to be included I'll include later.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Fate/ Kelied Liner Prisma Illya Review   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 pm

THE FIRST ANIME WEEKLY REVIEW!!!

Weekly Anime Review! Fate_kaleid_liner_Prisma_Illya_EndCard_3
This review is about the recently made anime Fate/ Kelied Liner Prisma Illya. Season one ran from July to September 2013 and season 2 is currently in production. Currently there are 10 episodes, 5 specials and 1 OVA. The specials and OVA do not have their own review simply because they're purely for fan service, and I don't think anybody feels like imaging a young girl in lingerie styled like a dog or three women playing the game of Life as if it were Strip Poker.

PLOT: Illyasviel von Einzbern is an ordinary 5th grade school student who becomes a magical girl when the magical Kaleidostick Ruby deems her a more suitable master than the sorceress, Rin Tosaka. Rin, who had been tasked by the wizard Zelretch to collect the seven Class Cards containing the spirits of Heroic Spirits from legend, finds that she is unable to change Ruby's mind and must supervise Illya in completing the task of collecting the Class Cards. During Illya's adventures, she receives a friend and rival in a girl named Miyu, the contracted master of the Kaleidostick Sapphire, which similarly abandoned its original master and Rin's rival, Luvia Edelfelt.

Protagonist: The main protagonist of the series is Illyasviel von Einzvern. She lives with her brother Shirō and is looked after by her maids Leysritt and Sella when her parents Kiritsugu and Irisviel are away. She is a fan of magical girl anime, and daydreams about becoming one. When she encounters a magic wand named "Magical Ruby", Illya is tricked into signing a contract and becoming a magical girl. As a magical girl, she must search for the seven "Class Cards", which contain the souls of heroic spirits.

Review (it's a doozy):

NOW FOR THE RATINGS!
Including the art style, fan service, action scenes, and story, this anime has been given a rating of 7.6! It is recommended for people who like a light anime but would also enjoy moments of seriousness. It is not recommended for people who aren't awesome.

Watch Fate/Kalied Liner Prisma Illya HERE.

Well, see ya next week! You can suggest anime below!
Back to top Go down
ares

ares

Poké : 19413

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Awesome review! Here are my suggestions:

Log Horizon
Elfen Lied
Wolf's Rain
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks, I had to do a good bit of research for the music and animations and such, but most of it just flowed out naturally. I've noted the three anime you've suggested and I'll be sure to give them each a look at.
Back to top Go down
Headphone Actor

Headphone Actor

Poké : 5240

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is really awesome if you haven't watched it!
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:18 am

Noted, I'll watch it and make a review of it later. Please do note that if an anime takes longer for me to watch than a week, it might not be reviewed until several weeks later once I've finished the anime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:51 pm

I could have been evil and asked for One Piece, but nah, not in evil mood.
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

Poké : 2125

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:14 pm

I recommend watching Kill la Kill. It's absolutly fantastic and its made by the same people who made gurren laggan.
Great review btw.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Anime that have over 100 episodes I'll probably not do a review on as it'd take forever to watch them and make a good review. Especially shows like One Piece, Naruto, or pokemon, where the plot changes a lot between seasons.
Back to top Go down
Dracorexion

Dracorexion

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:06 pm

WARNING: Due to my pure love of this, I could not contain myself from revealing anything about this anime. So if you have yet to watch it, but plan on watching it anyways, please do so BEFORE reading my review, seriously, don't even read the ratings cause I couldn't contain myself and spoiled like 5 things in them. The GoGoAnime link will be listed here at the top instead of the bottom. I suggest watching it from the 3rd video with the big red play button. The names of Pokemon and Places are in their Japanese form and/or Literal Japanese translation.

Weekly Anime Review! Pokemon-Origin-Anime-Announce

GoGoAnime Link: Pokemon: The Origin

This review is about Pokemon: The Origin, a four part anime special based on the story line of the Original Red, Blue, and Green games. There are no specials of this series, as it is itself an OVA series of the Pocket Monsters (Pokemon for short, but you should already know that) Anime Series.

"But Draco! You said you were gonna do one of the anime we suggested! But Draco, this is a PMD site, why focus on an OVA of trainers?! But Draco, what if Arceus does not approve and you're sent to the Distortion World where Giratina feeds you to White Hand and Buried Alive!?"
People, please. Quite honestly I completely forgot to watch any of your anime with the Energy System, my customization shop, and delivering Foxy and Laurel's baby girl, give them a congrats why don't ya? all on the way. This site, though primarily based on the PMD games, I believe to be welcoming of all Pokemon Genre, so Wynaut? And I will take that risk because this MUST BE REVIEWED!

There is no known information as to whether the Pokemon Company will make more which will be based on the lives of Gold, also known as Ethan, Brendan, sometimes called Sapphire (I think), Lucas, also known as Diamond, Hilbert, also known as Black, Nate from Black2/White2, and Calem, also known as X. Personally I believe that just destroying the like buttons on anything about them and buying the DVDs (which I plan on doing) to help support the company, who will likely respond with the other Gen Heroes having their own OVA series. Who knows, they may prove or disprove theories that arose in the games, like is Red a ghost in Gold/Silver/Crystal?

THE REVIEW THAT WOULD MAKE ARCEUS PROUD OR SEND ME TO THE DISTORTION WORLD WHERE GIRATINA WILL FEED ME TO WHITE HAND AND BURIED ALIVE:

To the ratings!
Unlike my first review, where I just compiled everything together, I'm going to rate the separate categories and the mean of those categories will be the overall rating.

Art Style: The art was decent at best. Most colors were muted slightly, and I believe this was to help give that more nostalgic feel. The art style was also based more on that present in HeartGold and SoulSilver than the older games.
I give it a 7.4 out of 10.0.

Fan service: For any die-hard Pokemon fan, especially those of the original games, this is just smothered in fan service. From Marowak's ghost to simply getting the Old Rod and Good Rod from the fishing brothers, and the intros and exits! You will have Pokegasms over and over again.
I'm giving it a solid 10.0 out of 10.0!

Action Scenes: From Red's first battle with Green (who is known as Blue in America) to Red's Charizard mega-evolving into Charizard X and beating the crap out of Mewtwo, the Actions scenes are good.
I'll hand this one a 8.7 out of 10.0.

Story: Even though it followed the story of the first Gen games, it was lacking a bit. Depending on how in depth you'd prefer it to be, Red summarizing what occurred off-screen could be seen as a good or bad thing. Personally I like it, as it allowed for the story to focus on the major stuff. I actually think the main series would be a lot better if they'd shape it like this OVA series was, but that's just me.
Due to the varying opinions on this, I'll give this one a 7.0 out of 10.0

So all together that's an 8.3 out of 10.0!

This OVA is recommended for die hard fans of the Pokemon games, especially the originals (no not just genwunners). This is not recommended fr people who aren't major fans of the Trainer games/series.
Back to top Go down
Shadowscyther

Shadowscyther

Poké : 1500

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:29 pm

Beyond the Boundary
Angel Beats!
Chrome Shelled Regios
Hellsing Ultimate OVAs
C: The Possibility of Money and Control
Sunday Without God
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Anime Review!   Weekly Anime Review! Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekly Anime Review!