Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Sosio arrives!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aMEWzing

Poké : 2445

Sosio arrives! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sosio flies in from the sky and hovers above the town of Grassveil. All she can think is what to do first. Man, where do I go? She swoops down and lands on a little tree and watches the bustling pokemon in town. Maybe it's just best to observe for a while. If I drop in on a few conversations, maybe I can find out some names.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:41 am

Wide-eyed in shock, Morty now suddenly understood, why his mother had warned him of the outside world that often.
What in the name of Status Ailments was wrong with this Fletchling?!
"Well, uh...yeah...I have never battled before. Is that really such a strange thing to hear?"
And they allowed this Flying type to roam freely, completely unsupervised. What had her parents been thinking?! They definitely should have paid more attention to their child, teaching her not to divebomb unsuspecting innocents!
"Exercise? Isn't that what you do for staying thin? I don't think that is, what I'd need here...thanks for trying to help though."
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:32 am

Sosio was still embarrased, but happy that the pokemon thanked her.
"Well, exercise can help boost your stats. At least that's what my family told me."
She began to whistle and sing at the fact that she knew a little more than this pokemon, at what she thought, almost forgetting entirely the change in mood that had just occurred. Her jungle friends always told her she was special, but she never really knew what they meant. She'd gladly teach this pokemon that there's more to exercise than "staying thin."
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:11 pm

"Huh...interesting. My parents didn't ever tell me anything about this sort of stuff. Guess they had been too concerned about me to do so. They always have been. I know the chemical makeup of about 400 different types of berries, but I have no idea how to do battle. Funny, isn't it?"
Although Morty himself thought of this fact as quite humorous, it also saddened him a bit.
With his overbearing parents he had never really been able to learn many basic things they had deemed to be too dangerous. And without these essential skills, being helpful would be getting difficult.
And if he wouldn't be helpful, then making friends wouldn't be easy either...
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Fletchling simply smiled more.
"Hehe. You go for the brains rather than the brawn. I do agree that smarts are more important.
Maybe this pokemon's huge, weird-shaped head is more important than it may appear.
Hey... wait a second...
Sosio could have sworn she was forgetting something, but she couldn't recall what. Maybe she and Morty should explore a bit, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything. She was too busy trying to figure out what she forgot.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 pm

"Well, it is not as if I had had much of a choice up to now."
For a moment, the smile on the Inkay's beak turned into a frown as he reminisced about his life only a few weeks ago.
"My parents had pretty much everything planned out for me throughout my childhood. I have never really had the chance to think of what my preferences may be."
The Dark type's mind wandered off on the tangent of how the parenting of other Pokémon may be or may have been. Had there been stricter parents than those he had had? Or were there mostly less strict ones?
In any case, it was an interesting train of thought and one Morty would probably be able to continue to pursue by simply living his life, getting to know more and more Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Inkay's attitude towards his parents reminded Sosio of her best friend back in the jungle. Her name was Phoebe and she was a timid little Pidgey. Her parents gave her absolutely no freedom and controlled every aspect of her life. They even forced her to migrate with them and now they're forcing that poor pokemon to mate with her cousin. A sad world for Phoebe...
If only I could visit her again...
The only thing Sosio could think up was to say
"That's too bad..."
Unfortunate for pokemon that do not get as much freedom as a bird. The ironic thing is that Phoebe is a bird, and yet a dove represents peace, and any bird represents freedom. Maybe they weren't as accurate, whoever thought that up, because there are caged birds, too. Maybe Sosio had quite a few prejudiced thoughts about this pokemon. She began to feel sympathy for Morty. She never would know what to do if she wasn't free to fly. She wouldn't even be here now.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:30 pm

"Heh...tell me about it. It has its good parts though. I never had to do anything exhausting or dangerous myself. But while that may have been with the best of interests in mind, it certainly hasn't been the best thing, that could have happened to me."
Morty began to envy the Fletchling. It didn't seem as if it would be familiar with this kind of problems.
It probably had been free to do whatever it pleased from the day it hatched.
But now the Inkay would have that freedom to.
This only left one question:
What should he do with it?
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:50 pm

"I couldn't begin to imagine."
Thoughts of being trapped at home or forced to do the same thing everyday swirled in her mind. It was all too unfamiliar to the Fletchling. Meanwhile, her stomach began to grumble.
"Looks like I'm hungry, hehe."
She checks her things, and realizes she ate all of her food for the trip. She looks up, wide-eyed.
I have nothing to eat...
She checks all around her and the tree for any berries. Her hunger must be satisfied. She glanced around for quite a bit, then began to peck at the grass.
Anything around here at all?
She looked up at Morty and hoped he wouldn't judge her. She wasn't all that fat. In fact, she was quite thin because she exercises, but hunger comes easily to her. Probably because all the exercise burns everything she shoves into her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Obviously Morty did not judge her.
In fact it would completely have contradicted most of the things he had been taught.
"Sorry, don't really know where to find anything here myself. But I'm sure you'll be able to find something. Can't be too difficult to find food now, can it?"
Now the Inkay wasn't used to having to search for food himself, but it couldn't be that hard.
After all lots of Pokémon did it every day and from the looks of the town starvation wasn't an everyday occurrence.
"Want me to help you maybe? Although I don't think I'd be much help."
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Sosio looked up and blinked.
"Yes, actually, I think you'd be a great help. You can use your psychic-y powers or something."
She cocked her head and checked out some places around town. There were a few shops, but most were closed.
What's the point in making a shop if nobody can use it?
She began to think about her idea for one. She wanted to deliver letters, items, and sell Wonder Mail. If a pokemon asked her to deliver something, she would go into a dungeon for that pokemon. She would have a cute little delivery bag and everything! Not that she likes fashion, she just likes the idea.
She noticed a little shop labeled "Café" That means food! She quickly flutted over to the spot only to find it has not yet to be opened.
"Aww, man..." She looked over to Morty.
"Now what are we going to do?"
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 7:32 pm

"Yeah, I haven't seen that Café open since I've moved here. I hope they can start doing business soon. My family has made a few investments here and there."
The Inkay remembered the headaches the café's owner had caused his parents.
Despite quite some financial aid they had poured into it, the owner still couldn't collect the last few Poké required to finally open it up.
"Sadly however my psychic abilities aren't very developed. The only Psychic type move I can use is Reflect."
While it was potentially useful, Reflect wasn't really a move suitable for combat Morty figured.
A wall would not be a good attack after all...
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 pm

"Ooh, reflect?"
Sosio had been thinking for a while that a move like Quick Guard, which protects the whole team, would be useful when delivering mail. If the pokemon were in the middle of a wild battle, she could use Quick Guard to protect them all while she delivers it. She playfully imagined a Seviper banging against the invisible wall she had formed while she delivered mail to some pokemon.
"Well, anyways, I had no idea your family was involved in it. I'm new here, after all."
Her great journey was, well, great. Probably the best exercise she'd had in all her life. Right here, this Inkay has barely traveled from home. She pondered over the thought of how he'd do. He wouldn't evolve so easy. Evolutions were cool because it gave pokemon a chance to become stronger. She kinda felt bad for all the pokemon who couldn't evolve. Maybe when Morty did, he would be accepted as a police-pokemon?
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm

"Heh, I had no idea about most of the stuff they are involved in either. Can be a bit annoying though when you just want to be treated like everyone else."
Despite Sosio's apparent liking of the move Reflect Morty still wasn't a fan of it.
Psychic. Confusion. Psybeam. There were so many Psychic type moves, yet he did not know a single useful one. What use was studying all of them if you would never be able to put them to use?
Well, hopefully this exercise would allow him to learn more useful moves. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
aMEWzing

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:49 pm

"So very hungry..."
She began to try and forget her hunger. I need to focus on more important things.
Her stomach rumbled again.
"Shut UP, stomach, I'm on it!"
She glanced over to Inkay.
"According to my studies on pokemon evolution as well as battle, you won't learn a combat-psychic type move until... level 13...
Disappointed to know this pokemon won't be able to use an awesome move until a long time, she got up and began to fly in circles. She did so faster and faster and shot herself across the sky, ricocheting against thin air and curving back towards Morty at an angle where it is impossible to hit him, and began to slow down.
"I feel pumped!"
She loved the speed exercise brought her. Her wings were strong, but could be stronger.
"I understand you can fly... well, levitate. Exercise builds your muscles and health."
She looked at the Inkay's dangling arm-like little strands.
"A good routine for you may just be lifting weights, if you can of course. The best thing for any pokemon is to use a dojo.
She flapped her wings occasionally, letting her self fall a bit before flapping hard enough to boost herself upwards. The best exercise for a bird she knew of.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 4:02 pm

"Guess I have a bit of training do do then."
Although it was a bit disheartening to hear, that he would have to wait for so long to be strong enough to use his mind offensively, it also gave the Inkay something to work towards.
"Oh, by the way, I can not levitate freely. I just use propulsion of air to keep myself hovering slightly above the ground. It wouln't work for larger heights sadly."
Morty found himself picturing, what it would be like to soar through the skies, being able to see everything from up there.
"And even if I could, I would rather not try it. Once I evolve, I would lose that ability, and I don't think it would be worth the sadness of not being able to fly anymore."
Even though he would be forced to walk once evolution had set in, the Inkay still believed for it to be a desirable thing, as his powers would increase severely and it might just make him appear strong enough to join the polie force.
"I'd rather not use the dojo though. It costs money, and I do not have that much. I'd rather try something without having to ask my family for help."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sosio arrives!   Sosio arrives! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sosio arrives!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next