Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. Empty
PostSubject: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Elijah walked about town, his bag slung across his shoulder. He'd been meaning to go to the store today to pick up some food, needing to survive the night after all. Usually the shop keepers left something out, and he'd be able to snatch it while they were giving him the rest of his order... For whatever he could afford. He knew the owner could see him snatching things, but had a feeling they just looked the other way every now and then... Though he figured he shouldn't try his luck today. As he ventured about, he couldn't help but take time to just look at the city itself. Somehow just the right amount of people to make a perfect chorus for him to listen to.

Without even noticing, Elijah started to hum to himself. He thought about everything that he did while just walking idly. His ambitions to join the guild, the prospect of not needing to sleep on the streets anymore. It seemed like quite the life for him. Especially if he didn't have to steal anymore, he would gladly trade his soul away. Though today just felt special. More relaxing with not as many people looking at him. Though there were people out and about, he was able to find solace in his music while he walked, trying to remember his way to the store.
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

Poké : 3100
Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

PostSubject: Re: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Thump, thump, thump.

The sounds of loud footprints grew louder and louder with each second. Squawks and sounds of flapping wings erupted as the quiet atmosphere was ruined, causing surprised bird pokemon to soar away. Leaves and small feathers flew graciously through the air, drifting down to the floor below. A few were crushed as the reckless disrupter continued through the path, showing no care of the ruckus being caused. Dark eyes were focused forwards, wide and eager.

Finally, the overly enthusiastic figure emerged. Slamming its feet on the dirt ground, it sent itself bursting through the shrubbery. Out from the sudden eruption of leaves came a grinning Buneary, wearing an orange silk scarf tied around its neck that flew as it went airborne. It landed on the ground without so much as a flinch. A few leaves and twigs clung to its fluffy coat, but went unnoticed as the rabbit was much too preoccupied with its new surroundings.

I'm finally here! She thought, gaping at the town before her. Grassveil Town seemed a bit different from her village, but nonetheless still carried a typical town-esque feel. However, it seemed much more populated in comparison due to the many townspeople running about and heading to the shops and buildings that littered the area. The energy the town gave off made her feel excited, due to having never lived in such a busy environment. There was a slight feeling of homesickness but she paid no heed to it, knowing full well that she'd be able to visit her parents once she achieved her goals.

But where could she start? The buneary was new to this town and had no idea where the Guild could be. She looked over to the approaching townspeople, about to ask for directions but was swiftly ignored. These pokemon were much too preoccupied with their current duties and had no time or patience to accommodate a foolhardy newcomer. She dismissed their behavior, continuing her search for assistance elsewhere.

Her eyes drifted from face to face, before finally landing on a passing Mienfoo. Unlike the others who were making fast-paced steps to destinations and quick chatter, it seemed to be humming to itself and idling about. The buneary decided the fighting type wouldn't mind taking a few minutes to answer her questions and merrily made her way towards him.

"'Scuse me! Would you mind telling me where the Guild is?" She asked, hopping lightly to catch up to the pokemon.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Elijah was much too preoccupied in his own thoughts as the Buneary spoke up to him. He continued thinking about everything, thinking of himself as quite the philosopher... Though in reality his thoughts were just a jumbled mess of what he was going to have for dinner and what he could do to occupy his time that day. But when the other came up closer to him and seemed to be saying something, he snapped back to reality.

"The guild?" he said seeming to ponder over the words, as if trying to understand and comprehend why the girl was asking him this. "You don't seem... Familiar around here. Why do you want to join the guild? The rest of your team behind you or somethin'?" Elijah said, a slight modern day southern drawl in his method of slang, though it wasn't very strong.

Elijah's song had ended as he snapped back to reality, causing his heart to start racing and the Mienfoo to slowly start panicking. Yet he tried to keep himself in line and acting professional around the other, figuring that if indeed she had a team that it may be his best chance at finding a place within the guild, so he tried not to look too terribly worried.
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

Location : Somewhere, brooding on and on about the horrors of bleeding writing materials.

PostSubject: Re: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:40 pm

This Mienfoo seemed awfully silly, at least in comparison to the Mienfoo she'd met in the past. Her village had been populated with quite a hefty amount of fighting types, but none had ever seemed so out of it like this fella. He didn't seem to be down to earth like them, almost like he was trapped in his own head. Not like the buneary minded, honestly. It was a nice change from the stern, overly focused attitudes most had. They never seemed to be able to carry a joke either, which definitely didn't make for good times.

Upon hearing his words, the Buneary couldn't help but laugh. She'd never met anyone who talked so oddly. His voice seemed to drawl out slightly and had an unfamiliar wave to it. Did all of the pokemon in this town speak like that? "I'm gonna become an explorer, of course! The very best!" She replied, voice chipper yet sincere. Her pace seemed to quicken slightly, most likely because of the motivation she had gotten just by saying those words. She knew she had the potential to become a great explorer, it was all shown when she first used Fire Punch. A clear sign she was destined to overcome dungeons, fight baddies, and be awesome. All she needed was training, and that was exactly why she came to this town. Grassveil had been known for its great Guild, along with their many famous explorers.

"I'm new here, though, so I have no idea where it is! So, do you know where?" She said, not dropping a single beat in her words. "Wait, are you an explorer?" She added quickly, noticing the bag slung over his shoulder. She could faintly recall her father carrying around a special bag, claiming that he had gotten it when he had first become part of a guild. He'd apparently branched off when he finally grew strong enough and soon established his own team of adventurers to venture out into the world on their own without having to depend on the guild. If this Mienfoo was already a member of the guild, she'd definitely hit the jackpot. She'd been made aware of solo explorers in the past; those who were strong enough to fend for themselves and depended on no one else. It would get pretty boring without a team though, so joining forces this early would most likely be a better option.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Elijah's face lit up as he heard the girl was planning on becoming an explorer. In reality he was waltzing his way to the guild just to look and check it out again before always cowering off like before, so he figured some company would be nice to have on his routinely visit.

As Elijah saw the girl glance at his bag and then proceedingly asked if he was an explorer, his face went grim from the bright smile it held before in almost an instant. "No... I'm honestly not. This bag was my mother's before she... Well... Y'know." he said just walking along forward, trying to think of how to change the subject.

Elijah looked up again, shaking his head to relieve himself of the memories he had previously. "At any rate, we're just going to head to the guild now. I usually just pass by it. My mother originally trained here, so they don't mind me tresspassin' every now and then. Though I'm sure they wonder why I never come in." he says chuckling a little bit. "And don't mind the slang I use. I picked it up myself from my original mentor. Nobody around these parts talks like me." that light smile had returned to the Mienfoo's face as he thought about coming into the guild finally and being able to see what was inside, as well as possibly becoming an explorer himself.
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:17 pm

The Buneary tilted her head slightly, unable to comprehend what the Mienfoo was trying to hint. Did something bad happen? What did his mother do? Quit adventuring? Well, she supposed that was a disappointing thought, but nothing to fret about. She was about to ask further, but was cut off as the fighting type continued speaking. She decided to keep that question and just bring it up another time. After all, the current concern was the guild! There was no time to be worrying about mistakes a parent had done.

"Aw, that's too bad. Hey, you should join the guild! Follow in your mom's footsteps. Kinda like how I'm following my dad's!" The Buneary seemed to brighten upon seeing the Mienfoo smile once more. She didn't like it when he had suddenly grown sad. She didn't like seeing anyone down sad. It was just not right to be upset all of a sudden, especially over small matters. "Hey, how about we form a team?" She offered, thinking this fighting type would be a good partner. Fighting types were usually great fighters, and since this pokemon didn't seem keen on scolding her every few seconds, she deduced that this Mienfoo would be an ideal partner. That, and his way of speaking was pretty funny.

"Haha! No problems! You sound pretty cool anywa- Wait are you a mind reader?!" She said, jumping in surprise. Her ears stuck up straight, showing how surprised she was. She didn't recall ever bringing up that question. Was this pokemon half psychic? A fighting pokemon capable of reading people's minds? That was nuts! Her eyes were wide with astonishment as she waited for the pokemon's answer.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Elijah just gave small nods as the buneary told him to follow in his mother's footsteps. He'd dreamed of it for years on end, but had never admitted it to anyone. He wondered if the Buneary would be a good partner though, considering he could probably knock her flat on her back-side once he was trained well enough. "Yeah, I suppose we could form a team." he said with a light shrug, signifying that he actually did enjoy the other's presence, despite his quiet exterior.

Elijah just walked in silence the rest of the way to the guild, absolutely astonished that she'd asked that. "No no... I could see how surprised and amused after you heard my method of talkin', so I figured I'd clear a few things up." he said a bright smirk coming to his face as the sight of the guild came into view. As he stopped and turned to face the building, his heard began to race again. "Well here we are... This is the explorers guild. Where people like our parents become... Well how our parents are." he said trying to keep a smile as he began to walk towards the building, beckoning his new friend to come along and join him.
Back to top Go down
Nocive

Nocive

PostSubject: Re: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:55 pm

"YAY!" The buneary couldn't help but cheer upon hearing the Mienfoo agree. She took a large hop, wanting now more than ever to start moving around. She already had a partner! And she was going to form a team and join the guild and get to go on all kinds of adventures. The rabbit didn't seem to mind the Mienfoo's quiet demeanor, either accepting it or being much too busy celebrating to acknowledge it. She hopped around for a while, doing a little dance as they continued walking.

"Aaah, okay!" She said, now dismissing the possibility her partner could be a mind reader. She chuckled at herself, finding it stupid that she'd even think such a thing. Fighting types don't have psychic abilities, that was just preposterous. Although, a partner with the ability to read thoughts would be pretty cool, maybe even handy when facing opponents. It would be a bit creepy though. She wasn't one to analyze things too much, but having her private thoughts invaded didn't seem like a very charming idea.

She stopped alongside the Mienfoo, gazing up at the tremendous building. Her smile grew into a large grin as she admired the structure that was the guild. It wasn't all too big, but she knew the inside would be way bigger than the outside. Her father had told her during one of his stories that Guilds tend to hide some parts of their base. There seemed to be some sort of perch at the top, most likely made for a bird pokemon from how a few feathers were left. "Whoa... This. Is. SO AWESOME!" She said, no longer able to contain her excitement and bolted into the building without a second thought.

DICE REMINDER:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.   Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning. Empty

Back to top Go down

Elijah the Shy's adventure beginning.
Page 1 of 1