Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

-Original topic title goes here-

Go down 
AuthorMessage

-Original topic title goes here- Empty
PostSubject: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptySat May 04, 2013 2:25 am

17...18...19...gah! Missed... Speed watched the leaf as it floated the rest of the way down to the ground, still fully intact. The Scyther stood up in a more comfortable position, stretching his arms for a few moments to loosen his tense muscles. Looking up at the sun, he could see that it was still only about noon. He had time. A few more tries and then he would move on to do something else.

Speed looked back towards the branches of the tree that he was under. He had been there for about an hour now, training his precision by slicing falling leaves in half before they floated all the way to the ground. The most he had been able to strike without missing was 47, and since he had set that record he still hadn't been able to break it. That's fine. Patience is also key. If I did it once, I can do it again.

After a short glance at the nearby settlement of Grassveil Town, Speed crouched down once again in his preferred combat-ready stance, his eyes constantly watching for his next target and his arms ready to swing at a moment's notice. As soon as the first leaf fell from the foliage above, he resumed his counting. 1...2...3...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptySat May 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Ruby rushed trough the path as fast as she could, frantically looking behind herself to check if they were still following her. Just to be careful, the little rodent climbed up a nearby tree without noticing anything and hid in a branch with most leaves in it and sighed. She didn't expect her arrival to the town to be such a trek with flying obstacles behind her back, she was sure those territorial Spearows didn't catch up to her and are gone for sure... at least. It will be bitter for sure to bump into them again.

The little gray furball sighed and peeked trough a small opening from the many leaves hiding the branch, it was the town! She pictured it a little differently, but not in a bad way, it still looks like a pleasant and tranquil place to her. Ruby loosened up her bandanna on her neck a little bit and flicked her tail, preparing for a graceful jump from the tree and head towards the Guild to join and pursue her dreams at last. As she was about to jump down, Ruby unfortunately lost her balance when a small bird like creature, probably a Pidgey zoomed trough her eyes making her gasp in shock, spin a little bit on the tip of the branch and dramatically fall from the tree, hitting smaller and weaker branches and then hitting a harder and more firm figure, but when falling Ruby couldn't notice it very well who it was.

"Augh! Ow!" a rough painful groan came out of the petite rodent's mouth. She lied, cringing in pain, with her bandanna unwrapped from her neck and uneatly lying beside her.
Ruby rubbed her back in attempt to remove the tense of pain and struggled a little bit, but eventually stood up and dusted herself off. She jumped a little in sudden fright as she saw a much taller figure of a Scyther.

"Ack!" The Minccino jumped away a few steps back, but quickly came to same spot again as she saw he wasn't really looking mean to do any harm.

"Ah I'm sorry! I must've interrupted your current activity..." Ruby quickly but kind of awkwardly apologized, picking up and dusting off her red bandanna and wrapping it on her neck again. She really didn't want to stir up any problems for herself when coming to Grassveil Town, or at least cause problems for others like this individual.

Last edited by Panther on Sat May 04, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptySun May 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Speed stopped his counting when something fell on his head, bouncing off and falling to the ground near him. That is strange. I didn't see any fruit or large seeds on this tree... He could tell that the object was not a plant though, as plants don't give out cries of pain when they hit something. The Scyther stood up in a more comfortable position and turned to see a small Minccino laying on the ground near him, cringing in pain. Must have felt like a 15 foot fall for someone that small.

The Minccino got up with a good amount of effort and jumped back when she saw the Scyther, emitting another yelp of fright as she did so. She approached the larger pokémon once again after a few moments of observation, though.

"Ah, I'm sorry! I must've interrupted your current activity..."

Speed still didn't say anything for a few moments, simply observing the rodent slowly. After a few seconds, the Scyther looked to the tree he had been using for training, and then shifted his gaze back to the small pokémon.

"Yes...you did. Is there a reason you were in a tree?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Ruby swiftly gazed at the Scyther again, a little bit nervously. She doesn't know, but he might be irritated at her for that, that's why she is acting so cautiously at this very moment, who knows - he might end up chasing her with those scythe like claws. No wonder Scythers are named like that. The mantis' observation of the rodent made her almost hope for her life she won't get slashed in a half if he is annoyed or angry after all. Though seemed to be calm as for now, so she loosened up a little more, with thoughts that everything will be okay... eventually. She will be able to work it out with a conversation, right? The Minccino shook her head whilst having a little space out looking at the ground and quickly started scrambling up words for an answer for the question the person asked her.

"I... yes... Uh, I was trying to get away from a group of territorial Spearows, they chased after me but they didn't catch up to me. But for safety I climbed up this tree, as I was about to jump off something distracted me and I lost balance and fell off the tree..." The Minccino quietly ended her explanation as she awkwardly slid down her sight to the ground again, being slightly embarrassed and causing trouble for this stranger she doesn't know and herself. For this whole situation she even forgot why did she even come here, probably getting so worked to join the guild made her even forget about it itself, well... way to go.

"Also again, I'm sorry for trouble." Ruby sincerely apologized again, before the Grassveild Town popped in her head again, making her turn her head and gaze at the calm town square, which is not too far off from the two Pokemon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:39 am

The small Minccino took a second to think some things through, slight traces of a large variety of emotions appearing on her face throughout this short amount of time. Within moments she seemed to loosen up and shook her head, looking at the ground for a little bit before replying to the Scyther's question.

"I...yes... Uh, I was trying to get away from a group of territorial Spearows, they chased after me but they didn't catch up to me. But for safety I climbed this tree, as I was about to jump off something distracted me and I lost balance and fell off the tree..."

The small pokémon spoke in a nervous or maybe embarrassed tone, trailing off with her reply and looking back to the ground once again. Speed kept staring at her for a few moments before simply giving a slight nod and turning back to the tree, never saying a word. He assumed a combat-ready stance once more and began his counting once again as soon as the first leaf fell, slicing through the small floating objects with perfectly aimed swipes.

"Also again, I'm sorry for the trouble."

The Scyther didn't respond to the pokémon's words, simply concentrating on his precision. A few more leaves were sliced in half, and then Speed saw the small rodent looking over at the nearby settlement of Grassveil Town from the corner of his vision. A few more moments of silence, and he once again spoke to the other pokémon.

"If that is your destination, then move along. I am not here to keep you from where you're going."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:47 pm

As she heard the Scyther finally answer her, she quickly thought up of a question, maybe a logical one - which also probably could explain why he is training here in the first place. Ruby swiftly climbed up on the tree again, a lower branch which still reaches to the mantis and sat down there.

"Uhm... May I also ask you... why are you training? Are you part of the guild?" Ruby spoke up, the curiosity finally took over her and she is definitely gonna cover him in bunch of questions about the guild and the training there and generally about everything, if he coincidentally is part of the guild, if not that would be a quite an awkward situation as he could be just a citizen training on his own.

But either way, he maybe still knows something about the guild, or at least this town and maybe help her out a little with his source of information, he's gotta be useful, for sure.

The rodent also was about to ask one more question, but first she hanged upside down, holding with her arms to not fall off and asked another question, "By the way... what's your name? Mine's Ruby." She cheerfully finished off her sentence, as the Scyther looked unexceptionally serious, but it's maybe also because he is training, but Ruby certainly doesn't want to bother his training as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:56 am

With his peripheral vision, Speed subconsciously followed the Minccino's movements as she climbed up the tree in front of him, never actually taking his eyes off of the next falling leaf. 7...8...

"Uhm... May I also ask you...why are you training? Are you part of the guild?"

"I am training to better myself, and no, I am not a member of the guild."

Is that not the point of training? Scyther didn't look at the small pokémon as he spoke, simply talking with a neutral and unremarkable tone as he kept count of his streak in his head. 12...13... The new arrival thought for a few moments, and then spoke to him again.

"By the way...what's your name? Mine's Ruby."

"My name is Speed."

Why is she so curious? I would think the town would be more interesting than a solitary Scyther. Speed was somewhat perplexed as to why the Minccino was asking him one question after another, but he did not mind the other pokémon's query too much. As long as she did not disrupt his training or begin to annoy him. 18...19...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Ruby tilted her head, keeping her upside down hanging position the same and twitched her ears from the sound of leaves falling. Training alone like this is odd, the rodent always thought it's more effective to train together in small group and you don't need to hit leaves but rather train against a real Pokemon. It also builds new friendships and memories... training together, being in a guild, exploring... It would be a real shame if this Scyther isn't even interested in joining the guild in this town and train here.

"Well, Speed... but do you want to join the guild? The Minccino curiously spoke up again, the curiosity really did get her. He seemed interesting, Pokemon like him always seemed to be members of the guild, and also usually had partners alongside them at all times. Ruby herself hasn't decided to come with anyone and join the guild because all the friends back in Rainfront are all busy and already paired themselves up in duos and decided what are they gonna do together. So that is why she came alone.

The rodent twitched her ears again and though up of a more cheerful addition to her question, as if she was going to convince him.

"Also being in a guild might help you with your training." she smiled while stretching her arms up, which seemed down in normal angle, and swung herself back and forth, like on a swing set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:41 am

The Minccino didn't say anything for a few moments, apparently thinking about what the Scyther had said. Speed didn't mind the silence, as it only helped him concentrate. A few seconds passed, and the small pokémon accompanying him spoke once more.

"Well, Speed...but do you want to join the guild?"

The Scyther thought about Ruby's question without halting his constant strikes. He had considered joining the guild a small number of times, but had never really given the idea much thought or planning, and eventually just decided to stay away from the notion. He had nothing against the guild, but simply had no reason to join it. The Minccino still in the tree in front of him spoke once more.

"Also, being in the guild might help you with your training." Ruby began to swing to and fro ((What a strange word...)) once she said this, for what reason Speed did not know.

A few more moments of silence passed, and the Scyther responded to the Minccino's words, still looking straight ahead without so much as a glance towards the other pokémon. "Why should I join the guild? I'm fairly certain that I can train just fine on my own, and there are few material things that I would want to obtain from such an experience."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:41 pm

The Minccino gracefully let go off the branch and jumped on the ground. It was quite weird how the Scyther spoke, she never... really someone like with point of view like that. Maybe because she is just so happy about everything and wants everything to be happy? She also is a people's persona so that is why her positiveness and even a slight fear of completely solitude scares even. Whatever way the Scyther spoke, it made Ruby somewhat determined to almost... save this Pokemon from complete solitude and isolation in his own mind and just do nothing but training.

It even possibly sounds crazy to "save" someone from their own mind with is covered with nothing but one specific task, with a heart hard as a stone with no spark of even a small hope of someone tying new strings of friendship whatsoever. Thoughts like this Ruby made her even more concerned about him than before, she quickly grabbed on her tail, with a more determined face she looked at the Scyther and gave him another reason.

"But you can make a lot of friends, you don't want to be all alone by yourself... do you?" Ruby stared at him for a little bit, before going to ponder with thoughts, looking down at the ground. Her determination just shows her that she even cares for strangers, and even deep down - for the villains as well, she is just a little big hearted rodent who cares and worries for everyone, no matter what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:56 am

The Minccino jumped off of her branch and gracefully landed on the ground near Speed with both feet. She apparently took a moment to think something over, and then spoke to the Scyther again, not giving up the subject of the Guild.

"But you can make a lot of friends, you don't want to be all alone by yourself... Do you?"

In all reality, throughout the course of his life Speed had never really had a 'friend'. He had never really thought that he would need one, and so the closest relationship that he had ever had with anyone else was with his parents, even more specifically his father. Aside from that, the only pokémon he knew that weren't complete strangers were simply acquaintances. Why is she so worried about me? Does she not have anything better to do than to argue with a stranger?

"I have always enjoyed peace and solitude, and I don't see why that should change now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Ruby drooped her ears down, making her look like she's lop-eared. It seemed that the Scyther really put the excitement of guild life down. He may be solitary, but he shouldn't just be an outcast at all, he must be a kindhearted and nice individual deep inside his heart.

"Don't you feel any excitement in possibilities like helping others? Finding treasures and sharing it with someone else just to make each other happy? What about exciting travels in deep dungeons and uncovering mysteries with your partner and exploring places that no one has reached or thought to be just legends? Doesn't that not even trigger a glimpse of excitement of being in a exploration guild?" Ruby firmly spoke her words, every single thing she described was spoken with true hearted utter passion, she seemed almost like an inspirational speaker, she may be even showed it too much, but afterwards she felt really relieved though.

The Minccino trotted to the other side and fixed her bandanna a little. She really tried her best to sum up excitement to at least make him feel a small spark of it.

"Also training in the guild may be even more effective than slashing leaves, as you train against real Pokemon when travelling and being in the actual guild." The small rodent added, as a breeze shifted trough the leaves on the trees, as well as sweeping gently trough her ears and fur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:47 am

"Don't you feel any excitement in possibilities like helping others? Finding treasures and sharing it with someone else just to make each other happy? What about exciting travels in deep dungeons and uncovering mysteries with your partner and exploring places that no one has reached or thought to be just legends? Doesn't that not even trigger a glimpse of excitement of being in a exploration guild?"

The Minccino's voice rose slightly as she spoke, and it seemed like she was speaking straight from her heart, her tone of speech portraying pure passion and determination. If anything, the Scyther could easily tell that Ruby had a lot of respect for the guild and everything that it entailed. Speed thought about the small pokémon's words for a while, silent for at least a minute. He had never much cared for other pokémon, but he had to admit that he was at least slightly intrigued by the idea of exploring the world and discovering new things. Even someone like him had to have at least a small amount of curiosity in them.

After a few moments of silence, the Minccino walked over to the other side of him and spoke once more, adding on to her previous speech.

"Also, training in the guild may be even more effective than slashing leaves, as you train against real Pokemon when traveling and being in the actual guild."

A breeze traveled through the air around them, rustling the leaves of the nearby tees and causing a slight change in temperature that could be felt temporarily. Speed was silent once again for another minute, and then responded to Ruby's comments.

"I suppose that the notion is somewhat intriguing, but why is it that you care so much about what I think or do?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Ruby lifted her ears up, after hearing the Scyther's answer. It enlightened her that he felt some intrigue in the guild life, after such long explanation. The question he asked her is relatively simple.

The Minccino quickly dusted off the ground out of her tidiness habit and more loosely responded "Because I thought it was kind of odd that you aren't planning to do anything with your daily life and not even joining the guild, and I thought I'd try and spark you some inspiration for you. Being in a guild has so much more options than training and going nowhere."

The pale ash-colored rodent chirped her words firmly again. It's funny that she is actually pretty weak and she didn't even train herself that much just to be prepared. Her dad before she departed was on an expedition in a recently found place that he has an old map that passed down generations and he himself finally decided to try his hand and find it then explore it.

He is also one of the inspirations for Ruby to be an explorer herself, he is an explorer - she wants to be one too, she also wants to be stronger training in the guild so she can prove the bullies that picked on her that even the underdog can be successful. However, to get there, she first have to climb the stairs little by little to get to the point where she feels she finally done it. But she isn't planning to go all alone, that would be a little silly - as she isn't naturally very strong, but Ruby promised herself to work hard and put effort in everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- EmptyFri May 24, 2013 1:37 am

"Because I thought it was kind of odd that you aren't planning to do anything with your daily life and not even joining the guild, and I thought I'd try and spark you some inspiration for you. Being in a guild has so much more options than training and going nowhere."

The Scyther's blade sliced the air just below one of the falling leaves, causing him to miss the object. The small leaf swirled around in the air a little because of the disturbance caused by Speed's attack, but it quickly settled into a more stable path and soon after landed onto the ground. The pokémon paused for a second, his eyes on the leaf, and then stood up straight again after a short moment.

The Scyther looked up to glance at the sun, seeing that the target object had moved slightly from where it had been when he had last checked. He estimated that only five minutes had passed by since the last time he had checked the time, but that time period was still longer than the one, maybe two minutes that he had thought had passed. Time seems to pass by faster when you have someone to accompany you...

Speed shifted his gaze back over to the Minccino next to him, looking at her for a second before responding to the small pokémon's earlier words in his usual monotonous and emotionless voice.

"Well, thank you for attempting to help me live a 'meaningful' life." He noticed that the other pokémon did not seem ready to leave, and addressed this thought as well. "And is there anything else that you need or want to know?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Original topic title goes here-   -Original topic title goes here- Empty

Back to top Go down

-Original topic title goes here-
Page 1 of 1